Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Hate Newsweek

Good to have you on board, Dave!

A swell of relief washed over me as I read my latest solicitation from Newsweek - my subscription has finally run out! None too soon (I got a free subscription in college and kept renewing). The "magazine" is a hideous impostor - a tabloid masquerading as mainstream "news." Why do I mention this, my dear Schumann? I felt an odd sense of appreciation for one late Newsweek article on an individual dear to your Republican heart: Rudy G.

It seems all too fitting that the Tabloid-News should opt to cover him as he is in many ways a tabloid-perfect figure, sprung fully formed onto the already crowded political stage. Notice how NW's article paid lip service to Rudy's "broken window" policies and then headed for the lower, more salacious (and therefore more entertaining) territory of Rudy's remarkable split from his previous wife.

On a side note, I noticed that Gingrich climbed into Dr. Phil's immaculate pedestal to admit his own marital infidelity - while he was agitating for Clinton's impeachment - and be declared fit for the presidency.

I would like to point out, finally, that as your Republican administration continues to rack up the most hideous pedigree since U.S. Grant (latest on the laundry list: Federal prosecutors being fired for not bowing knee to Gonzalez's hackery and the F.B.I. using your Patriot act to eavesdrop on you). Buyer beware, Dave.

So why not vote republican again? How many times do you need to be ripped off by the same store before you stop buying from them?

No comments: